Moldova, an Eastern European country and former Soviet republic, has varied terrain including forests, rocky hills and vineyards. Its wine regions include Nistreana, known for reds, and Codru, home to some of the world’s largest cellars. Capital Chișinău has Soviet-style architecture and the National Museum of History, exhibiting art and ethnographic collections that reflect cultural links with neighboring Romania.
The Moldova Citizenship-by-Investment (MCBI) program is the latest European citizenship-by-investment opportunity. It provides access to 121 destinations, including the countries in Europe’s Schengen Area as well as Turkey and Russia. It is the first program of its kind to offer this unique combination of visa-free travel destinations.
|Recognized Regional languages:||Gagauz; Russian; Ukrainian;|
|Official languages:||Moldovan, Romanian|
|Points of interest:||Old Orhei, Cricova, Ștefan cel Mare Central Park|
|Government:||Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic|
|Area:||33,846 km2 (13,068 sq mi)|
|Time zone:||UTC+2 (EET)|
Launched in the second half of 2018, the MCBI program was developed by the Government of the Republic of Moldova. The MCBI program requires applicants to make a defined economic contribution to the country through the Public Sustainable Development Fund of Moldova (Public Investment Fund). In exchange, and subject to a stringent vetting and due diligence process, including thorough background checks, applicants and their families are granted citizenship.
Benefits of Moldovan Citizenship
- Visa-free access to 121 destinations around the world, including Russia, Turkey.
- Continental climate.
- A highly effectual application process.
- Full citizenship, with passport rights, for the applicant and included family members.
- Inclusion of dependent children up to 29 years of age and parents (of either the main applicant or the spouse) from 55 years of age in the application.
- Citizenship transferable to future generations.
- High leading international business-climate rankings.
- Tax Regimes
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal record
- Be in excellent health
- Proof of Investment as per CBI Requirements
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- Be able to provide Personal, Business and Bank’s Reference Letter
- Must pass strict Due Diligence checks in regard to Past Criminal Records & Source of Funds
- Be in Good Health
- All Identity Documents Attested & Notarized
MCBI primary qualifying contribution criteria is as below;
A minimum non-refundable contribution to the Public Investment Fund:
- EUR 100,000 for a single applicant
- EUR 115,000 for a couple
- EUR 145,000 for a family of four
- EUR 155,000 for family of five or more
Post-approval government service provider fees of EUR 35,000 per application.
In addition, applicants are required to pay government fees of:
- EUR 5,000 for the main applicant,
- EUR 2,500 for a spouse,
- EUR 1,000 for a child aged 0 to 15 years,
- EUR 2,500 for a dependent child aged 16 to 29 years, and
- EUR 5,000 for a dependent parent — of the main applicant or of the spouse — who is 55 years of age or older.
Due diligence fees are EUR 6,000 for the main applicant and
EUR 5,000 for a spouse, dependent children older than 16 years, and/or dependent parents.
Biometric passport fees amount to EUR 300 per individual.
MCBI program offers Moldovan Citizenship to the successful candidates can within a period of approximately 90 days, provided that the due diligence process can be completed without any hurdles. The key stages of the application process are outlined in detail below.
- Application Preparation & Submission the govt. as per requirements.
- Initiation of Due-Diligence Procedures.
- Verification of Documents & Source of Funds.
- Approval in Principal.
- Investment & collection of biometric data.
- Issuance of the passport.