Malta, officially known as the Republic of Malta, is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea between Sicily and the North African coast. It lies 80 km (50 mi) south of Italy, 284 km (176 mi) east of Tunisia, and 333 km (207 mi) north of Libya. Malta is one of the world’s smallest and most densely populated countries, at over 316 km2 (122 sq. mi) with a population of about 475,000. Its capital is Valletta, which is the smallest national capital in the European Union by area at 0.8 km. Its largest town is Birkirkara, while its chief economic center is Sliema. The official languages are Maltese and English, with Maltese officially recognized as the national language and the only Semitic language in the European Union.
It’s a nation known for historic sites related to a succession of rulers including the Romans, Moors, Knights of Saint John, French and British. It has numerous fortresses, megalithic temples and the Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum, a subterranean complex of halls and burial chambers dating to circa 4000 B.C.
|Official languages:||Maltese & English|
|Government:||Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic|
|Area:||316 km2 (122 sq. mi)|
|Time zone:||UTC+1 (Central European Time)|
The Malta Residency and Visa Program, was launched by the Parliamentary Secretary for Competitiveness and Economic Growth, Dr. Jose’ Herrera, in 2015. Following the passing of relevant legislation in July 2017, the Malta Residence and Visa Agency (MRVA), was entrusted with the regulation and running of the Malta Residence and Visa Program (MRVP).
This program falls under the Immigration Act and is available for applicants who are third country nationals, along with their dependents (i.e. Spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law). This excludes EU/EEA AND Swiss nationals.
The applicant must not be under the Residents Scheme Regulations, the High Net Worth Individuals (EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals Rules), the Malta Retirement Program Rules, the Residence Program Rules, the Qualifying Employment in Innovation and Creativity Rules or the Highly Qualified Persons Rules.
- Be of outstanding character
- Have an annual income of no less than €100,000 from outside of Malta, or have capital no less than €500,000;
- Invest in government bonds for €250,000 and hold for at least 5 years;
- Hold a qualifying property for a minimum of 5 years;
- Maintain health insurance policy
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- A third country national and not a Maltese, EEA or Swiss national
- Be able to provide Personal, Business and Bank’s Reference Letter
- Must pass strict Due Diligence checks in regard to Past Criminal Records & Source of Funds
- Be in Good Health
- All Identity Documents Attested & Notarized
- Proof of Investment as per CBI Requirements
Dependents: the spouse; child under 18 years old or child of any age economically dependent; economically dependent parents and grandparents.
Qualifying Investment is a combination of the below 2 options;
- Bond Investment
- Purchase €250,000 and hold for at least 5 years;
- Finance the Bond for €100,000
- Real Estate Investment
- Purchase €320,000 and hold for at least 5 years;
- Rent minimum of €12,000 per annum.
MRVP offers MALTA Residency to the successful candidates can within a period of approximately 180 days, provided that the due diligence process can be completed without any hurdles. The key stages of the application process are outlined in detail below.
- Application Preparation & Submission the govt. as per requirements.
- Initiation of Due-Diligence Procedures.
- Verification of Documents & Source of Funds.
- Approval in Principal.
- Investment & collection of biometric data.
- Issuance of the passport.
Benefits of Malta Residence & Visa Program
- Residence for four generations in one step; no language, education, business background, living requirements or physical residency requirements;
- Flexible investing methods (full-payment or financing; purchasing or renting); low prices;
- The heart of Mediterranean Sea, great weather and beautiful scenery; low crime rate, a very safe country;
- English-speaking country with the 4th highest English-speaking rate in Europe; easy to communicate;
- Authentic British style education; easy to enter schools and the fees are low;
- Great healthcare system which ranks 5th best in the world;
- Visa-free travel within Schengen area and benefits from different kinds of tariff trade preferences;
- Non-global tax country and the taxes on enterprises can be lowered to 5%;
- Developed country with steady economic growth; business-friendly government, which provides a perfect environment for engaging in business career; high employment rate.
- Mediterranean climate.
- A highly effectual application process.
- High leading international business-climate rankings.
- Tax Regimes.
- No minimum stay required.
- No language requirements.