Greece Citizenship by Investment
Greece is famous for its perfect climatic conditions, breathtaking landscape, and immersive history. The golden visa program in Greece lets foreign investors make an affordable real estate investment to get a permanent residency in Europe. Mahandru Associates assists you throughout the process of acquiring a Greece citizenship by investment in Dubai. Dual citizenship is complex, and the rules and laws regarding citizenship vary from one country to the next, so it is always better to sit down with our experienced immigration consultants. It is also possible to get a Greece citizenship by residency, but the preferred method for most foreign nationals is citizenship by investment.
Process for Obtaining Residence
An investment of €250,000 should be made in real estate in Greece which makes the Greek citizenship by investment program the lowest investment of a residency visa scheme in Europe. The property that you invest in can be anywhere on the Greece mainland or the islands and can be residential or commercial. There is also an option of combining many properties to make up the €250,000 minimum investment. Joint buyers can combine investments into one property as well.
The application process takes approximately 40 days from the time of investment until the Residency Permit is issued. The applicant must make the property investment in Greece before applying for the visa. The investor must submit the application to Greece’s Aliens and Immigration of the Decentralized Authority agency. If the agency Secretary approves the application, the investor and family will receive the residence permit. The permit is initially valid for five years and may be renewed in further five-year increments as many times as the investor desires. We assist you right from the beginning of the process of investment till the time you get your visa in hand.
The application procedure is as follows:
- There is no need to reside in the country.
- To finalize the procedure, it needs approximately 40 days, after making investment.
- Spouse and children up to 21 years old can apply for the program.
- The applicant must have a medical insurance and clear criminal record.
- Besides the mandatory amount of investment (€250,000), the investor must pay additional taxes equal to 24%.
- There is no income tax on the income derived outside Greece. Rental income is taxed at rate between 11-33%.
- The residence permit is issued for five years. This five year period can be renewed with another five years.
- Parents of investor and his/her spouse can also be included.
Reasons to Choose Greece?
- Beautiful country with scenic beaches
- Opportunity to study, live and do business in EU member state
- Family included
- No minimum residency rule
- Quick process that needs approximately 40 days
- Obtaining Schengen residence card
- Permanent residence permit, which renewable after 5 years. This leads to Greek citizenship after 7 years
- The cheapest residency program in Europe
- Free travel to EU Schengen member states